Common Entrance Test (CET): It is an eligibility test for the candidates to qualify for B.Ed. admissions.
Syllabus and Marking Scheme for MAH-B.Ed. CET 2017: The On Line CET is comprising of one paper with Three Sections:
|Sr. No.||Area||No of questions||Mark per Question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
- The Test will comprise of Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions with Four Options.
- There is no Negative Marking System for this Test.
- Test Duration: 90 Minutes
- Medium of CET: English and Marathi.
- Mode of Examination – Online
The On Line CET comprises of One paper with Three Sections:
Contents of the Syllabus:
- Mental Ability (40%): The content of this test aims to judge your reasoning power It also helps to judge how accurate you can think. This test will contain questions based on Series, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Relationship, Analogies, Classification, Problems on Dice, etc., either in Verbal or Non-Verbal form.
- General Knowledge (30%): The aim of this section is to test how well you are acquainted with the happenings in the surroundings at Local, National, International Level including Past Events, Current Affairs including, Science and Technology, History, Geography, Civics, Political Science and Literature in General.
- Teacher Aptitude (30%): The Test aims to know your capacity to become teacher. It will contain questions related to your keenness to update your knowledge, leadership qualities awareness about changes in Education and Society, Communication and Professional Commitment etc.
English Language Content Test: (ELCT)
- The Candidates seeking admission to English Medium Colleges of Education will also have to appear for English Language Content Test (ELCT) along with B.Ed. CET.
|Sr. No.||Area||No of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|6||Verbal idioms and Proverbs||05||1||05|
|7||Figures of Speech||02||1||02|
- The Test will comprise of Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions with Four Options
- There is no Negative Marking System for this Test.
- Test Duration: 60 Minutes
- Medium of CET: English.
- Mode of Examination – Online
CET Test Information:-
a)The time for the test is Ninety (90 Minutes); however, you may have to be at the venue for approximately Three and half hours including the time required for logging in, collection of the Hall Ticket, going through instructions etc. In online test will be in English and its translation in Marathi. The Candidate can attempt any question at any point of time within this 90 minutes. All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the four answers to a question only one will be the correct answer. The candidate will have to select most appropriate answer and ‘Mouse Click’ that alternative which the candidate feels to be appropriate/correct. The alternative/option that the candidate has clicked on will be treated as the candidate’s answer to that question. There will be no penalty for the wrong answer marked by the candidate. However, the candidate is advised not to mark answers by random guessing.
b) The Score of On Line Examination:- The score will be obtained by adopting the following procedure:-
- Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the corrected score.
- The corrected score so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective test/s held in the different sessions to arrive at the Equated Score*.
- * Scores obtained by the candidate on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of the score/s of all the forms.
- Sample questions will be made available to the candidates in the Mock Test link. The questions given in the mock test are illustrative and not exhaustive. The Actual questions in the CET can be of higher difficulty level or types and questions on the types not mentioned.
Special Note: The candidate will have to opt for ELCT CET while filling in the form and confirm before submitting the form. No request post submission in this regard will be entertained. ELCT CET will also be conducted in On Line Mode before/after the B.Ed. CET.
On Line Examination:
- Details of the On-Line Examination Pattern
- The examination will be conducted on-line mode i.e. on a computer.
- The MAH B.Ed. CET test will be provided in English and Marathi.
- The B.Ed. ELCT Test will be provided only in English.
- All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the Four options/ answers to the question only one will be the correct answer. The candidate has to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ the alternative which he/she feels appropriate/correct. The alternative /option that is clicked on will be treated as the answer to that question. Answer to any question will be considered for final evaluation. Only when candidate has submitted the answers by clicking on “Save and Next” or “Mark for Review and Next”.
- The clock has been set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining for you to complete the Examination. When the clock runs out the Examination by default- candidate is not required to submit his/her examination.
- The question palette at the right of the screen shows one of the following statuses of each of the questions numbers:
The marked review status simply acts as a reminder that you have set to look at the question again. If an answer is selected for question that is marked for Review, the answer will be considered in the evaluation.
- To select a question to answer, you can do one of the following:–
- Click on the question number in the question palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. Note that using this option does not save your answer to the current question.
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ to save answer to current question and to go to the next question in sequence. iii. Click on ‘Mark for Review and Next’ to save answer to current question, mark it for review, and to go to the next question in sequence.
- To select your answer, click on one of the option buttons.
- To change your answer, click another desired option button.
- To save the answer, you MUST click on ‘Save and Next’.
- To deselect a chosen answer, click on the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button.
- To mark a question for review click on Mark for Review and Next. If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review , the answer will be considered in the final Evaluation.
- To change an answer to a question, first select the question and then click on the new answer option followed by a click on the Save and Next button.
- Questions that are saved or marked for Review after answering will only be considered for evaluation. · Test Name(s) will be displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in the test can be viewed by clicking on the Test Name. The test you will view will be highlighted.
- After clicking the ‘Save and Next’ button on the last question for the test, you will automatically be taken to the first question of the next test.
- You can move the mouse cursor over the test names to view the status of the questions of the test.
- You can shuffle between test and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience. · The candidates are requested to follow the instructions of the TEST ADMINISTRATOR carefully. If any candidate does not follow the instructions/ rules, it would be treated as a case of misconduct/adoption of unfair means and such a candidate would be liable to debarment from appearing for the examinations for the period as decided by CET CELL.
- The candidates may ask the Test Administrator about the doubts or questions only before the commencement of the test. No query shall be entertained after the commencement of the examination.
- After the expiry of 90 minutes for B.Ed. CET and after 60 Minutes for B.Ed. ELCT, the candidates will not be able to attempt any question or click their answers. The answers of the candidates would be saved automatically by the computer system even of he/she has not clicked the Submit button.
B) Candidates to Note the Following things carefully:-
- Candidates will not be allowed to finally submit unless they have exhausted the actual test time.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the KEYBOARD KEYS once the examination starts as this will lock the Examination.