B.Ed. Two Year Full Time Professional Degree Course in the Academic Year 2018-2019
Eligibility for Admission
* Important = According to G.R. No. CET-2015/C.No.379/MSHI-2, Dated 4th December, 2015 and G.R. No. CET 2016/F.No.84/MSHI-2, Dated 7th April, 2016 the Competent Authority shall conduct the MAH-B.Ed. Common Entrance Test CET 2018 with ELCT for the admission to the First Year of the Two Year Full Time Professional Degree Course in Education leading to B.Ed.(Regular /Special) Degree, for the Academic Year 2018-2019.
Total Seats Available – 100 (two basic units of 50 each)
Mumbai University – 70 % Quota
Other than Mumbai Uni. within Maharashtra – 28 % Quota
Outside Maharashtra – 2 % Quota
* Distribution of seats based on Methodology (Discipline wise/subject wise) in the Colleges of Education (B.Ed.-General)
(A) Humanities Faculty:
- Methodology of Teaching English 15 percent
- Methodology of Teaching Marathi 15 percent
- Methodology of Teaching Hindi 10 percent
Total 40 percent
(Those colleges having more than three languages as Method then seats will be equally distributed among the all available language methods in the College.)
(B) Science Faculty: 1. Methodology of Teaching Science 15 percent
- Methodology of Teaching Mathematics 10 percent
- Computer/Information Technology/ Engineering 05 percent
Total 30 percent
(C) 1. Commerce/ Management/Law 03 percent
- Agricultural Science /Medical Science 02 percent
Total 05 percent
(D) Social Sciences : 1. Methodology of Teaching History 10 percent
- Methodology of Teaching Geography 10 percent
- Methodology of Teaching Social Science 05 percent
Total 25 percent
Grand Total (A+B+C+D) :- 100 percent
(Note : Those colleges where there are more than 2 Social Sciences teaching methodologies, in such cases the distribution of seats will be made equally amongst all social Science subjects)
Explanation :- For the purpose of Schedule I &II and PART B cited above discipline means subjects studied at Graduation or Post Graduation level as Optional/ Special Level.
Note :- Subject-wise distribution shown in Part B above in sub part A, B, C. D above be maintained while filling various quotas shown in Schedule I & II combined above.
- Age Criteria: – There is no upper age limit for the admission to B.Ed. Two Year Full Time Professional Degree Course in the Academic Year 2018-2019. Age will be calculated as on 1st July 2018.
The candidate who seeks admission for B.Ed. Programme requires to fulfill following conditions as pre-requisites:
Criteria for Admission for Mumbai & Inside Maharashtra Students:
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with subjects- Sciences and Mathematics/ Social Sciences (History/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Sciences/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ Education/ Library)/ Humanity Science (all languages and literature)/Commerce and secured minimum 50% marks.
The candidate under reserved category should secured minimum 45% marks in Graduation level.
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with subjects in Engineering and Technology/ (with Science and Mathematics as a Special subjects)/ Bachelor’s degree with the subjects like Management/ Engineering/ Computers/ Law/ Information Technology/ Agriculture/ BBI/ Medical Sciences/ All Social Sciences/ Fine Art/ Performing Art (Music/ Dance/ Drama etc.) and secured minimum 55% marks.
The candidate under reserved category should secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation level.
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree recognized as an equivalent degree by the Govt. of Maharashtra, to the Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in subjects mentioned in criteria 1 & 2 above.
The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree given by Open University incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature.
The candidate should have appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956.
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should have ‘Caste certificate’ issued by Competent Authority and the candidate belonging to ST category submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department along with Caste Certificate and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate as applicable expecting SC, ST candidates at the time of admission.
Criteria for Admission for Outside Maharashtra Students (Other state):
- The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central and State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE with minimum 55 % marks for all categories.
- The candidate should have appeared for the Final year examination for any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the association of Indian universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE. Such candidate can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the degree examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2015-2016 are also eligible to apply for CET/ Entrance Examination. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Admission Form post their qualifying the CET Examination.
- Aggregate marks mean the Grand Total of marks obtained by the candidate at the Certificate/Diploma /degree on which the Class/ Division/Grade is awarded by the Board/ University.
- In case the candidates are awarded Grade/s,/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of Grade/s, CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the formula/procedure certified by the Board/ University/ Institution from where the candidate has obtained the Bachelor’s Degree The candidate will have to bring the necessary proof to that effect from the Board/ University/ Institution.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- Validity Certificate & Non Creamy Layer Certificate:-
The Candidate belonging to SC,DT/VJ, NT (A), NT (B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC and SBC categories of Maharashtra State should produce “Caste Validity Certificate”, (along with valid Caste Certificate) issued by the Scrutiny Committee of the Social Welfare Department and the candidates belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by the Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department as is applicable to them and Candidates belonging to DT-VJ, NT-1, N.T-2, N.T-3, OBC and SBC will have to submit Valid Non Creamy Layer Certificate valid up to 31st March 2019.
*Important Note:-If the candidates have the Valid Caste Certificate and Non-Creamy layer certificate should only apply under Category, otherwise they should apply under Open Category. Reserved Category. Candidates of other states should apply under Open Category only. Reserved Category candidate will have submit Caste validity Certificate at the Time of Admission.
- ELCT will be conducted for the Candidates opting for English Medium Colleges after the B.Ed. CET. *Special Note:- The candidate will have to opt for ELCT CET while filling in the form and confirm before submitting the form. No request post submission in this regard will be entertained at later point or at the centre. ELCT CET will also be conducted in On Line Mode along with B.Ed. CET in the same session.
Detailed description of categories and Quota :
|Sr. No.||Category||% Quota|
|1||Scheduled Caste and Scheduled caste persons who have adopted Buddhist Religion||13|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7|
|3||De‐Notified Tribes (14 Similar Tribes) (VJ/DT) A||3|
|4||Nomadic Tribes (28 Tribes before January 1990) and similar Tribes ) (NT‐1) B||2.5|
|5||Nomadic Tribes (Dhangar and Similar Tribes (NT‐2) C||3.5|
|6||Nomadic Tribes (Vanjari and Similar Tribes) NT‐3) D||2|
|7||Other Backward Class (OBC)||19|
Documents require during B.Ed. Admission:
- CET with ELCT Score card
- CET provisional letter
- All 3 years marksheets of Graduation in original
- 2 years marksheets of Post- graduation in original
- Degree/ Provisional certificate in original
- Transfer Certificate for Mumbai University students
- Migration Certificate for Inside and Outside Maharashtra students
- Cast Certificate & Validity Certificate- ( above note (4) mentioned in the admission criteria.)
- Gazette copy for name change
- Photocopy of Aadhar Patra. (Unique Identification number)
Lords Universal College of Education follows the rules and regulations as mentioned aforesaid laid down by Director of Higher education, Government of Maharashtra. Institution is Gujarati linguistic minority, affiliated to Mumbai University and has the permanently unaided status.
Institution is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Hence, the admission procedure laid down by the Director of Higher education is strictly followed.
Once the admissions are opened by the University, Institution gives advertisement in the local newspapers (Times of India, Maharashtra times) for the admissions. The candidate who seeks admission to our college need to follow following procedure:
Fill up the online form for provisional registration for availing following facilities
- Availing detailed guidance from the office staff to follow the procedure of admission accurately.
- Training workshop for successful attempt of CET that would include:
- Orientation on online registration for CET
- Orientation on the course content test.
- Mock test of the CET papers of earlier years.
- Details discussion on each question on ways and means to crack the test successfully.
- Continuous individualized follow-up guidance by staff members of LUCE till the day of CET.