Eligibility for B.Ed. Admission
- Total Seats Available – 100 (two basic units of 50 each)
- Mumbai University – 70 % Quota
- Other than Mumbai University, within Maharashtra – 28 % Quota
- Outside Maharashtra – 2 % Quota
The candidate who seeks admission for B.Ed. Programme requires fulfilling the following conditions as pre-requisites: Criteria for Admission for Mumbai & Inside Maharashtra Students:
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with subjects- Sciences and Mathematics/ Social Sciences (History/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Sciences/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ Education/ Library)/ Humanity Science (all languages and literature)/Commerce and secured minimum 50% marks.
The candidate under reserved category should have secured minimum 45% marks at Graduation level.
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with subjects in Engineering and Technology/ (with Science and Mathematics as a Special subjects)/ Bachelor’s degree with the subjects like Management/ Engineering/ Computers/ Law/ Information Technology/ Agriculture/ BBI/ Medical Sciences/ All Social Sciences/ Fine Art/ Performing Art (Music/ Dance/ Drama etc.) and secured minimum 55% marks.
The candidate under reserved category should have secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation level.
- – The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree recognized as an equivalent degree by the Govt. of Maharashtra, to the Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in subjects mentioned in criteria 1 & 2 above.
– The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree given by Open University incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature.- The candidate should have appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956.
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should have ‘Caste certificate’ issued by Competent Authority and the candidate belonging to ST category submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department along with Caste Certificate and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate as applicable expecting SC, ST candidates at the time of admission.
Criteria for Admission for Outside Maharashtra Students (Other States):
The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central and State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE with minimum 55 % marks for all categories.
The candidate should have appeared for the Final year examination for any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the association of Indian universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE. Such candidate can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the degree examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2015-2016 are also eligible to apply for CET/ Entrance Examination. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Admission Form post their qualifying the CET Examination.
- Aggregate marks mean the Grand Total of marks obtained by the candidate at the Certificate/Diploma /degree on which the Class/ Division/Grade is awarded by the Board/ University.
- In case the candidates are awarded Grade/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of Grade/s, CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the formula/procedure certified by the Board/ University/ Institution from where the candidate has obtained the Bachelor’s Degree. The candidate will have to bring the necessary proof to that effect from the Board/ University/ Institution.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- The candidate belonging to SC/ST,DT/VJ, NT (A), NT (B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Certificate” issued by the Competent Authority to issue it, as per requirement and the candidates belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by the 5 Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and all other Category Candidates should submit Valid Non Creamy Layer Certificate as applicable excepting SC, ST, candidates, at the time of verification of documents/Admission.
Detailed description of categories and Quota :
|Sr. No.||Category||% Quota|
|1||Scheduled Caste and Scheduled caste persons who have adopted Buddhist Religion||13|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7|
|3||De‐Notified Tribes (14 Similar Tribes) (VJ/DT) A||3|
|4||Nomadic Tribes (28 Tribes before January 1990) and similar Tribes ) (NT‐1) B||2.5|
|5||Nomadic Tribes (Dhangar and Similar Tribes (NT‐2) C||3.5|
|6||Nomadic Tribes (Vanjari and Similar Tribes) NT‐3) D||2|
|7||Other Backward Class (OBC)||19|
Documents require during B.Ed. Admission: _
- CET Score card
- CET provisional letter
- All 3 years’ marksheets of Graduation in original
- 2 years’ marksheets of Post- graduation in original
- Degree/ Provisional certificate in original
- Transfer Certificate for Mumbai University students
- Migration Certificate for Inside and Outside Maharashtra students
- Cast Certificate – (Ref. above note (ii) mentioned in the admission criteria.)
- Gazette copy for name change
- Photocopy of Aadhar Patra. (Unique Identification number)
Lords Universal College of Education follows the rules and regulations as mentioned aforesaid laid down by Director of Higher education, Government of Maharashtra. Institution is Gujarati linguistic minority, affiliated to Mumbai University and has the permanently unaided status.
Institution is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Hence, the admission procedure laid down by the Director of Higher education is strictly followed.
Once the admissions are opened by the University, Institution gives advertisement in the local newspapers (Times of India, Maharashtra Times) for the admissions. The candidate who seeks admission to our college needs to follow the following procedure:
Fill up the online form for provisional registration for availing following facilities:
- Availing detailed guidance from the office staff to follow the procedure of admission accurately.
- Training workshop for successful attempt of CET that would include:
- Orientation on online registration for CET
- Orientation on the course content test.
- Mock test of the CET papers of earlier years.
- Details discussion on each question on ways and means to crack the test successfully.
- Continuous individualized follow-up guidance by staff members of LUCE till the day of CET.
CET / ELCT Syllabus
Common Entrance Test (CET): It is an eligibility test for the candidates to qualify for B.Ed. admissions.
Syllabus and Marking Scheme for MAH-B.Ed. CET 2017: The Online CET comprises of one paper with Three Sections:
|Sr. No.||Area||No of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|Total||100||1 per question||100|
- The questions will be objective Multiple Choice Questions with Four options.
- There is no Negative Marking.
- The time allotted is One Hour Thirty Minutes.
- Medium of Test will be English and Marathi.
Contents of the Sections:
- Mental Ability (40%): The content of this test aims to judge your reasoning power It also helps to judge how accurate you can think. This test will contain questions based on Series, Syllogism, Coding Decoding, Relationship, Analogies, Classification, Problems on Dice, etc., either in Verbal or Non-Verbal form.
- General Knowledge (30%): The aim of this section is to test how well you are acquainted with the happenings in the surroundings at Local, National, International Level including Past Events, Current Affairs including, Science and Technology, History, Geography, Civics, Political Science and Literature in General.
- Teacher Aptitude (30%): The Test aims to know your capacity to become teacher. It will contain questions related to your keenness to update your knowledge, leadership qualities awareness about changes in Education and Society, communication and Professional commitment etc.
B.Ed. CET 2017: English Language Content Test: (ELCT)
1. The Candidates seeking admission to English Medium Colleges of Education will also have to appear for English Language Content Test (ELCT) along with B.Ed. CET.
|Sr. No.||Area||No of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|6||Verbal idioms and Proverbs||05||1||05|
|7||Figures of Speech||02||1||02|
- The ELCT questions will be objective Multiple Choice Questions with Four options.
- There is no Negative marking.
- The time allotted is One Hour (Sixty Minutes).
- Medium of Test will be English.
Note: The candidate will have to opt for ELCT CET while filling in the form and confirm before submitting the form. No request post submission in this regard will be entertained. ELCT CET will also be conducted in Online Mode before/after the B.Ed. CET.
The Lords Universal College of Education is committed to create teachers who are attuned with the changing needs of the society and the job market at a global level. Candidates desirous to get admission and avail the facilities as mentioned above in our college should contact the office for further procedure.