The Lords Universal College of Education Alumni Association (LUCEAA) started in 2010. It is started with the following objectives.
Objectives of LUCEAA:
- To provide a forum for members of the LUCE Alumni Association to interact and sustain a sense of belonging through mutually beneficial relationship between the college and the global alumni..
- To act as a bridge between college and the industries for interaction on new developments in different disciplines of education.
- To create and maintain a pool of alumni who can function as mentors/role models to encourage the current student teachers of LUCE and help in their learning by sharing their knowledge and expertise towards improvement for their all-round development.
At the end of the academic year all the student teachers of current batch voluntarily register themselves as members of the alumni association with minimum registration fees.
The Alumni committee is formed consisting of Principal, two faculty members and Past students who elect two members for the post of President and secretary. The student members are added after every academic year.
Two meetings per year are held at regular interval. In the beginning of the term, the meeting is focused on the year planning for various activities throughout the year and second meeting at the end to take the stock of the foregoing activities. under Alumni Association. If necessary more meetings can be held anytime during the term.
The activities conducted under Alumni Association:
- Inviting past students for demonstration lessons, content enrichment programme and other academic activities
- Gust lectures by and also for past students who hold respectable posts in the society
- Organization of competitions for school teachers or other outside stakeholders and also Judging the competitions
- Celebration of National and International days
- Social networking between past students spread all over the world on Specially designated Face Book.
Activities conducted for Past students
Talk by experts
- Arun G. Jogdeo on “A non-medical approach to a healthy life.”,
- Meenakshi R Ingole on “Thinking about Thinking”
- Discussion on topics (Right to Education, Human Rights, Non-violence)
- Current trends in Teaching Learning ( Models of Teaching)
- Highlight the important days of the year like 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekenanda, 150th Birth Anniversary of Rabindra Nath Tagore, India’s Success of Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM).
- Brainstorming as a technique to solve the challenges faced by in service teachers.
Activities conducted by Past Students:
- Demonstrations of lessons in different methods and strategies.
- Content enrichment for students of current batches by past students who are working as teachers in schools.
Professional career of the past students:
Many past students are placed in good positions in schools and colleges from Mumbai and other cities.
The Institution has started Face Book dedicated to Alumni for social networking in order to build up the past students community. This would also help in getting information about their professional growth at different levels and in different career paths.
Report on Alumni Association Activities
Extempore Essay Competition:
This was the initiative of National Council of Teacher Education – a governing body of UGC to create awareness and develop good habits of personal and environmental hygiene in students. In accordance to the circular from NCTE this Extempore Essay competition was organized for grade VIII students on 3rd October, 2017 by Alumni in their schools. Topic for the essay was ‘My Idea of Clean Classroom’. Following criteria were given to write an essay.
- Neatness handwriting and drawing
- Organization of thoughts and ideas
- Innovative and feasible ideas
- Overall impact
School wise first prize was given because there were different board’s students took part in the competition and their abilities were different as per their boards. Different alumni conducted the competition in their school and along with that S.Y.B.Ed. students conducted the competition in BMC schools.
Following school took part in the competition:
- G. International School, Malad
- Poorna Projana High School, Dahisar
- Bless High School, Andheri
- BMC Schools
Teacher Eligibility Test is very difficult to clear for the teachers. Therefore Alumni Association committee members thought of conducting the sessions for Alumni in order to guide them to clear the test. It was conducted on 24th – 25th November, 2017.
Poster Competition was conducted on 13th January, 2018 sponsored by Alumni Association. There were 16 students from F.Y and S.Y.B.Ed. participated. Alumni Mrs. Dipti Vishvakarma and Mrs. Priya Arahna were called for the judging the posters.
Workshop on Drama and Art:
There was a workshop on drama and Art sponsored by Alumni Association organized on 10th March, 2018. Mr. Parmesh Gadgil was the resource person for the workshop. His session was on Elements of Drama and Stage Etiquettes. Alumni were also invited for the session. It was beneficial to the F.Y and S.Y.B.Ed. students as it is the part of the Audit course for F.Y.B.Ed. and EPC- 3 for S.Y.B.Ed. students. These Students in their third semester, will be preparing the street play on the social issues and making lesson plan on that and implemented in the school during their internship.
Degree Certificate Distribution Ceremony:
The Lords Universal College of Education had organized Degree Certificate Distribution Ceremony on 20th March, 2018 at 4.00pm in college auditorium. Dr. Sunita Magre, Head of the Education Department, University of Mumbai was invited as a chief guest to award Degree certificate. The students on this event also performed small street play on Social Inclusion of Women in the Society.