“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples”
What fitting quote by Mother Teresa can this cell be described with than anything else!! The Institution has the steadfast faith in the dignity of women and therefore in sensitizing students about the gender issues by way of curricular and co-curricular activities.
- To sensitize students about the various angles of gender issues.
- To conduct guest lectures on gender issues for developing right perspective towards them.
- To provide opportunities to extend services towards resolving gender related issues
- To develop empathetic outlook towards women issues.
- To resolve any gender related issues arising in the Institution.
Institution has established the Women Cell to achieve these objectives. The committee is formed to plan and execute it. The Committee is headed by Principal assisted by two staff members and student representatives The members of the cell meet at regular interval to discuss about the plan of action for conducting awareness programmes.
The Institution in order to heighten the awareness and sensitivity to this important issue amongst all the female and male students and staff, organize motivational and developmental activities, which include Guest lectures, Awareness drives, Community services, competitions, observing women related days and events, conducting theme based assemblies etc.
For the current year, following activities have been organized for creating awareness and contributing towards the cause of gender issues:
Responding to the appeal of the welfare ministry of India, The Institution deputed a staff member for one day training jointly organized by Maharashtra State Commission for Women and the Women cell University of Mumbai on 13th Feb 2017 who funded the Institution to conduct following activities related to women issue of Sexual Harassment observing the Awareness week:
- Poster making. Beautiful poster were prepared and displayed in the college premise.
- Awareness programme for the students with the speeches, and video presentations. Students also took oath to extend their services to the cause of women.
- Awareness rally. It was organized around the vicinity of the Institution. Students distributed self-prepared pamphlet educating people about the legal procedure of executing their right against Sexual Harassment.
- Inter-collegiate Extempore Elocution Competition. On the occasion of “’International women’s Day’ “Intercollegiate Extempore Elocution competition” was on the theme “sexual harassment”. Around 11 B.Ed. colleges participated in the competition that was judged by the social worker from an eminent organization ‘SNEHA” and a well-qualified English Teacher from a reputed school.
The Institution always provides a congenial working environment so that any female employee or student is not subjected to gender specific discrimination. If there are any complaints or grievances related to female, the case is referred to the Grievance cell for immediate action.
Link for the quote:
WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL
The college established the Women Development Cell with the following objectives:-
- Maintaining and strengthening the status of women.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of women.
- To guide about women welfare law.
- To create awareness about the importance of health and hygiene.
- To organize seminars, workshops related to women development.
CONSTITUTION OF WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL
|Designation in WDC||Name||Designation in college|
|Convener||Dr. Savita Manchekar||Principal|
|External Expert||Ms. Sharmila Kher|
|Member||Mrs. Madhuri Bendale||Faculty|
|Member||Ms. Shashikala Yadav||Faculty|
|Student Member||Ms. Jennie D’souza
Ms. Surekha Prajapati
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL
- One of the college faculty has attended the training workshop on “Sexual Harassment of women at workplace” organized by University of Mumbai women development cell. With reference to this workshop the college with help of the students creates awareness in the community by conducting rally.
- The college on the occasion of International Women’s Day organized an intercollegiate Elocution competition.
- In the academic year 2017-18 the college installed a vending machine in girl wash room keeping in mind the hygiene of the girls.
- With collaboration with extension department of college the extension teachers with help of students conducted a survey on women issues and the data gathered will be analysed by them.
- The college organized a state level seminar on Contribution of women in Nation building: Creating the momentum for social inclusion.