“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.”
What a perfect quote by Mother Teresa to describe this Women’s Cell!! The Institution has the steadfast faith in the dignity of women and therefore in sensitizing students about the gender issues by way of curricular and co-curricular activities.
- To sensitize students about the various angles of gender issues.
- To conduct guest lectures on gender issues for developing right perspective towards them.
- To provide opportunities to extend services towards resolving gender related issues.
- To develop empathetic outlook towards women issues.
- To resolve any gender related issues arising in the Institution.
There is a Committee formed to plan and execute the objectives of Women’s Cell. The Committee is headed by the Principal, assisted by two staff members and student representatives. The members of this Committee of the Cell meet at regular intervals to discuss about the plan of action for conducting awareness programmes.
The Institution, in order to heighten the awareness and sensitivity to this important issue amongst all the female and male students and staff, organizes motivational and developmental activities, which include Guest lectures, Awareness drives, Community services, competitions, observing women related days and events, conducting theme based assemblies, etc.
For the current year, following activities have been organized for creating awareness and contributing towards the cause of gender issues:
Responding to the appeal of the Welfare Ministry of India, the Institution deputed a staff member for one day training jointly organized by Maharashtra State Commission for Women and the Women’s Cell of University of Mumbai on 13th Feb 2017, who funded the Institution to conduct following activities related to the serious women’s issue of Sexual Harassment:
- Poster Making- Beautiful and meaningful posters were prepared and displayed in the college premises.
- Awareness programme was organized for the students with speeches and video presentations. Students also took an oath to extend their services to eradicate the problem of Sexual Harassment.
- An Awareness Rally was organized around the vicinity of the Institution. Students distributed self-prepared pamphlets to educate people about the legal procedure of executing their rights against Sexual Harassment.
- Inter-collegiate Extempore Elocution Competition: On the occasion of “’International Women’s Day’, an “Intercollegiate Extempore Elocution Competition” was held on the theme “Sexual Harassment”. Around 11 B.Ed. colleges from across Mumbai participated in the competition that was judged by a social worker from an eminent organization ‘SNEHA” and a well-qualified English Teacher from a reputed school.
The Institution always provides a congenial working environment so that any female employee or student is not subjected to gender specific discrimination. If there are any complaints or grievances related to female, the case is referred to the Grievance Cell for immediate action.