Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Internal Quality Assurance Cell is established in every Institution in order to build and ensure the quality culture. The cell polices every activity that is carried out as prescribed by the curriculum.
Lords Universal College of Education peruses its vision of creating the culture of excellence that makes it inevitable to establish the IQAC with the following objectives to achieve goals laid down by UGC.
Goals (As given by UGC):
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college
- To promote measures for institutional functions towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
- To plan, guide and monitor quality enhancement activities in the institution.
- To monitor the standard of the various curricular, co-curricular and administrative activities carried out in the Institution.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the quality of the educational practices in the Institution.
- To establish proper coordination between departments who would work independently but in sync with each other.
- To ensure that each department caters to the diverse needs of the stakeholders.
- To work out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies if any.
Composition of the IQAC:
- Director: Member of Management
- Principal: Chairperson
- Two senior teaching faculties and one non-teaching staff: Members (nominated by principal and for 2 years duration)
- One external Expert from the field of management: Member
- IQAC meet once in three months and with the quorum of the presence of total 2/3rd numbers of members.
Function of IQAC:
- Formulating and applying Quality benchmarks for academic and administrative activities;
- Providing the support system to help administrative departments to function smoothly and for teachers to facilitate teaching learning process effectively;
- Arrangement of feedback responses from students and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Organization of Inter, intra institutional workshops, Seminars on quality related themes;
- Documentation of the various programmes of the Institution leading to quality improvement;
- Developing Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) based on the parameters developed and recommended by relevant quality assurance bodies like NAAC.
- Bi-annual development of quality Radars (QR) and ranking of internal departments based on the AQAR.