The perspective plan for the year 2016-2020 is prepared to ensure that college activities are aligned with the Vision of the college.
To create a culture of excellence in teacher education conducive to produce facilitators of learning recognized as creative, globally competent, technologically sound, critically reflective, research oriented and sensitive towards the needs of uniquely abled individuals of the society.
- Curricular Aspects
The college follows the prescribed curriculum of the University of Mumbai. Following aspects are required to be considered to set the benchmark in line with the expectations of the B.Ed. programme:
- Revisit Vision and Mission statements.
- Start new academic programs like B.A. B. Ed.
- Encourage faculty and students to take up relevant online courses.
- Develop online courses (MOOCS) and other OERs.
- Interact with stakeholders regarding their feedback on the curriculum, and incorporate these into practice.
- Utilize the expertise of the stakeholders and experts from Universal Education for quality improvement.
- Identify the plug points where the different courses could be integrated in the curriculum to ensure broader understanding and application.
- Provide opportunities for capacity building to the faculty from the institution as well as other institutions by organizing faculty development programs in innovative teaching learning strategies for effective curriculum transaction.
- Develop programs to train student-teachers to enhance global competencies.
- Teaching – Learning and Evaluation
There is a need to train students to be competent teachers, not only at the local, but also the global level. At the same time, the impact of social media and exposure to global values, also underlines the need to have a strong grounding in traditional Indian values. Keeping this in mind, we propose the following for the coming years:
- Incorporate advances in ICT in curriculum transactions, as well as evaluation and assessment.
- Equip students for curriculum transaction to meet the challenges of inclusion and global competencies.
- Network with organizations to promote traditional Indian and universal values.
- Develop partnerships with organizations and carry out collaborative programs like:
- National and international conferences,
- Training workshops for student teachers/in-service teachers,
- Exchange programs for student-teachers and faculty,
- In-house certificate or degree courses and participate in their discussion forums.
- Develop a more interactive website for dissemination of information, as well as to get inputs from all stakeholders.
- ProVision for digital resources for technology enhanced learning.
- Make proVisions for digital resources for .technology based learning. To
- Organize orientation/training program for the Common Entrance Tests for B.Ed, entrants.
- Use of LMS and MIS for teaching, learning, evaluation and administration.
- Initiate development of cluster colleges’ network for facilitating choice based certificate courses.
- Initiate distributed classroom setup to share teaching expertise with different institutions.
- The college is committed to catering to diverse needs of students. We propose to update and make optimal use of the language laboratory, gymnasium and providing counseling services to our learners by appointing trained personnel.
- Bridge the gap between the institution and schools by making the school internship programme more meaningful for both.
- Provide training to students for IB/other international boards through workshops and guest lectures for designing instruction.
- Encourage students to become members of online teacher forums to develop global competencies.
- Practice constructivist philosophy to facilitate learning by faculty and student-teachers.
- Provide scope to students to use different modes for reflective teaching and learning.
- To Motivate teacher educators to use latest and need based software approach to teaching learning.
- Strengthen evaluation of teachers through self-appraisals, peer appraisal and student feedback.
- Set up a repository of institutional study materials.
- Research Consultancy and Extension
In order to further enhance the quality of research, consultancy and extension, we plan to take the following measures:
- Set up a Ph.D. research cell in the Institute.
- Promote dissemination of quality research through annual publication.
- Encourage students to conduct researches and publish through different forums.
- Encourage faculty to take up research projects.
- Encourage faculty to take up collaborative and participatory research.
- Encourage faculty to conduct research based community development programmes.
- Organize workshops and guest lectures to enhance the understanding of research.
- Infrastructure and Learning Resources
The institution proposes to augment the infrastructure and learning resources as per the requirements of the changing times and the revised syllabus.
- Necessary infrastructure required for accommodating four units of students (200) every year that includes classrooms, lecture halls, library reading area, staff room, computer lab facilities, washrooms, boys and girls rooms etc. so as to meet the needs of increased number of students.
- Make arrangements for providing staff with laptops for effective curriculum transaction.
- Develop an auditorium with a capacity of 200 people.
- Update the different laboratories as per need.
- Establish a well-equipped music and art room.
- Establish a gymnasium.
- Establish an independent canteen facility.
- Digitize the library with print and online resources as per the requirements.
- Student Support and Progression
Strong student support leads to students thriving in the personal, academic as well as professional arenas. We propose the following:
- Strengthen mentoring, counseling facility for students.
- Make available a doctor on panel for attending to the physical health of the students and faculty.
- Organize regular health checkup for the students.
- Have group medical insurance for all students.
- Strengthen the Placement Cell.
- Tap the potential of the alumni for mentoring.
- Organize soft skills courses for grooming students for their career.
- Strengthen the remedial programs.
- Governance and Leadership
The Vision and Mission of the Institution are translated into reality through efficient leadership and governance. Keeping this in mind in the coming years we propose:
- Strengthen the IQAC and LMC by empanelling eminent educationists from other educational institutions like special education, management institutions, other reputed universities, international schools and NGOs.
- Identify and set benchmarks as well as standards. In addition, ensure dissemination of the same.
- Complete digitization of MIS and overall administration of the institution.
- Strengthen networking between/among-st different institutions of the Universal management for smooth and efficient functioning.
- Maintain the institutional ethos and professional climate so as to sustain cordial relationships amongst members.
- Encourage faculty for professional enhancement (research, consultancy, publications, etc).
- Enhance stakeholder relationships by involving them in feedback for continuous improvement.
- Sustain the practice of continuous system of feedback and strengthen the appraisal mechanisms.
- Innovative Practices
We propose the following innovations for the coming years.
- Collaborate with reputed organizations to conduct certificate courses for professional and personal development as a value added service to the students and community.
- Facilitate online learning for students’ on-campus and off-campus.
- Learning through exploring and research thereby making every activity research centered.
- Equip students for the inclusive schools by continuous association with institutions for especially abled students.
- Strive for continuous professional growth by making MOOCS an integral part of the curriculum for students and staff.
- Create OERs by using expertise of the staff.
The plan for next two years is our effort to head towards the Vision of our institution and continue raising the quality graph of the B.Ed. programme implemented by the Universal Education.