The Institution offers professional in-service educational programme to those who are at the crossroad where they need to decide whether they should take up advanced study after completing current training or enter teaching career. Realizing its commitment towards students’ well being at not only the initial level but also beyond it, the Institution organizes the Campus Placement Drive for those who fall on the later category of entering the job market.
The Campus Placement is a daunting job for any organizer that wants to ensure the right job for its students. The Institution also thus aims at…
- Training students to develop necessary skills for facing the interviews confidently.
- Providing students an opportunity to select the right placement as per their aptitude and from the list of schools.
The Campus Placement cell is established in the Institution to achieve these aims through following objectives:
- To provide a platform to facilitate interaction between students and recruiters.
- To equip competence among the students-teachers through pre-placement training.
- To conduct career guidance talks.
The batch of 2015-2017 is approaching the completion of their B.Ed. Programme. Throughout the term, Institution has strived to provide students with opportunities for their capacity building in all the domains of their personalities by organizing competitions, value added programmes and varied curricular and co-curricular activities.
The campus placement drive is conducted in following two phases:
1. Pre- Campus placement:
Students are trained thoroughly in the aspects of self-understanding in terms of strengths and weaknesses; developing effective curriculum vitae; critical understanding of the expectations of the schools from the teacher and also on the strategies and knack of facing the interview intellectually. Experts from the respective fields are invited for orienting students and providing first hand experience like mock interview, etc.
2. Campus Interview:
Institution is associated with esteemed schools belonging to different boards. The procedure is followed for effective organization of Campus Placements as given below:
- Sending Invites to Institutions for the Campus Placement.
- Collecting data in the form of consent, convenience and requirement of the subject teachers.
- Analyzing the information to make arrangement for the Interviews.
- Collecting the short list of candidates selected by each institution. (This is required to plan the time slot for the demonstration lessons that institutions would expect after the interviews at their places.)
- If the students are selected for the job, the communication of the same to be done through college to the candidate. This will enable the college to block the student’s name for the said institution only.
For the current batch of students, 25 schools and Junior colleges from ICSE, IB, SSC boards were invited for the Campus Placement that shortlisted selected good number of students for their schools.
Beside Campus Placement, Institution also considers the requests of the schools not involved in the placement but are known for quality education for sending applications of students who fulfill their requirement for appointing them as teachers.
Institution believes this venture strengthens the bond not only with students but also with these schools who are one of the major outsources in the process of student-teachers’ practical and experiential education. Hence, it strives to retain the association through various activities like, competitions, exchange of expertise, etc.